ACRO is committed to securing a stable regulatory environment to support the continued globalization of clinical research by:
- Protecting the safety and privacy of research participants, and expanding participation in clinical trials by physician investigators and volunteers.
- Ensuring ease of access to data necessary to conduct research, and encouraging health information technology policies that include consideration of medical research needs.
- Advancing policies that encourage innovation in pharmaceutical, biologic and medical device development.
- Advocating for tax, trade, and business policies that support a competitive environment to spur innovation.
- Promoting translational research—in which basic scientific findings can be used to help develop new drugs, devices, and treatment options—through government-funded bodies.
- Opposing policies that unduly restrict research and innovation in the clinical research and drug-development process.
Read more about ACRO’s legislative and regulatory policy goals: