The Association of Clinical Research Organizations (ACRO) and its members (Members) are dedicated to ethical and lawful behavior in performing clinical research. To evidence this commitment, ACRO has adopted the following principles:
- We are dedicated to the protection and maintenance of the rights and safety of human participants in all aspects of clinical research.
- We conduct our services with objectivity, accuracy and integrity.
- We adhere to applicable local, national, and/or international laws and regulations in performing clinical research.
- We monitor changes in laws and regulations affecting the rights and safety of human participants in clinical research and the integrity of data to ensure that their policies and procedures conform to those changes.
- We support laws and regulations that enhance the rights and safety of human research participants and safeguard the integrity of data.
- We strive to identify and address potential conflicts of interest that may affect the rights and safety of human participants in clinical research and the integrity of data.
- We respect the confidential nature of the health information obtained from individual study participants, as well as the proprietary information of their clients.
- We promote good clinical practices through appropriate educational initiatives.