The Association of Clinical Research Organizations (ACRO) launched the CRO Forum in January 2015 to engage with TransCelerate BioPharma, Inc. The CRO Forum provides a mechanism for CROs, both ACRO members and participating non-members, to provide industry input and expertise on various TransCelerate initiatives. Alan Metz of IQVIA is the CRO Forum Chair, with Kellie Malloy of Syneos Health serving as the CRO Forum Vice-Chair.
CRO Forum leadership consists of senior representatives from all ACRO members plus one non-ACRO member company. The CRO Forum is supported by working groups made up of subject matter experts from the CRO industry. These working groups provide expertise and feedback on various TransCelerate initiatives. Each working group has a leader who serves as the primary liaison to a specific TransCelerate work stream.
The CRO Forum and TransCelerate mutually agree on the projects for which CRO input would be most valuable and practical. In such a rapidly evolving industry, we’ve seen these projects change over time.
Current active initiatives
- Risk-Based Monitoring (RBM) – The CRO Forum’s RBM working group in conjunction with the Society for Clinical Research Sites (SCRS) developed a webinar series for sites on RBM and the impacts of the new ICH E6 R2 guidelines. For more information or to watch the recordings of this four-part webinar series, click here!
- Quality Management Systems (QMS)
- Shared Investigator Platform (SIP)
In the past, The CRO Forum has also engaged with TransCelerate on the following projects:
- Site Qualification & Training (SQT)
- Common Protocol Template (CPT)
The CRO Forum’s engagement with a given TransCelerate initiative does not constitute an endorsement of any specific project, vendor, process or technology.
Membership in the CRO Forum is included with membership in ACRO. For CROs that are not ACRO members, the annual fee to participate is $10,000. For additional information on the CRO Forum, or to inquire about participating in the CRO Forum as a non-ACRO member, please contact Anina Adelfio at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow the CRO Forum on Twitter!